- Grow produce this summer. Start a plan in March and proceed forward with tomatoes and peppers for the summer. I think I can handle two things.
Things that didn't happen...
- Clean out and organize one room each month. It will break my little hoarder/sentimental heart to trash some of the things, but it needs to happen. Starting in the girls' room tomorrow morning. Closet and drawers need attention. Hayes' room is in February. Bathrooms upstairs in March... that's my first quarter done...
I have removed a lot of clutter from our home, but we still have a LONG way to go!
- Paint the rooms... living room, office, dining room... and patch the ceiling kitchen. While you're at it, let's just go ahead and fix the wires in the living room too., okay? And purchase new furniture for the living room. I decided all house updates had to go in the same goal, so I'll have to also repair the master bath wall/ceiling as well.
Kitchen ceiling patch coming up. Dining room will be done at Thanksgiving. Possibly my office too! The front entry way will get done with the cheer judging money!
- Exercise for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week. Dance parties in the living room count as cardio. Running counts. Weighted toddler carry time does not count.
Still a no. A hard no.
- Become a Mary Kay sales director. I desperately want to work a job with some flexibility for my family. I also really like Mary Kay and the company. Products are good, company philosophy is good, and the atmosphere is positive.
Still a legitimate goal. Still thinking about it a lot, but rarely do the WORK required for it. I need to work on that.
- Plan a trip to Disney for 2016. Purchase a $100 Disney gift card each month to start piling money away for it. Kroger fuel points AND a Disney trip. Two birds; one stone.
We went in June with my parents! It was super fun and super hot. I am working towards a Disney trip in 2017. I get to travel with my club kids in November!
- Complete a Bible reading plan. I'm looking at a few, but I'm open to ideas and suggestions people!
I'm a spotty reader at best. I still love Jesus Calling and I read it sporadically... at best.
- Schedule a fun date with Daryk each month. I'd really like to call it my Groupon event... I would love to buy a Groupon/Living Social/Scout Mob date and go do something different each month! January and February are so difficult because of wrestling, but we can figure something out!
We have been more intentional about spending time together! We need to work on going out and doing grown up things!
- Plan and HOLD 5 Mary Kay Skincare and Glamour classes each month. Who wants to come over and play makeup with me!?
Still working towards this as well. I need to up my MK game.
- Develop a family routine/plan and follow through with it. Weekly plans in progress now...
Daily checklist charts have been implemented. Everyone likes stickers!
Friday, October 7, 2016
Thursday, August 18, 2016
I can remember when I found out that Elizabeth was a girl. Honestly, I was a little bit sad she was a girl, at first. I really wanted a 3rd child and I was afraid that Daryk wouldn't spring for the 3rd if we had 'one of each' already. Thankfully, he surprised me and let me have that last baby that I really wanted...
I remember being so excited to have a tiny version of me. She is a lot like me. And I was thrilled when we learned Spencer was a girl as well. And I cannot imagine life without either. I enjoy watching them bond and chat and sing and yell and laugh at each other. I get so much laughter from each of them each day. To watch them together is precious.
I know the road ahead is filled with massive piles of not fun sibling interactions. Fights over clothes, and shoes, and cosmetics, and everything in between those things too. Fights over friends and boys and toys and food.... but moments like this.... when they can both still fit and sit willingly into a cart at Sams while sharing ice cream is sorta awesome. I get so excited for them to be the very best of friends because that is who my sisters are. I pray daily for God to keep them close and guard their relationship. I pray for joy and a sense of teamwork over all 3 of them daily.
I love this personality. She brightens up ANY day.
And she's still snuggly and amazing.
Sassy embodied in a photo.
New hairdo with clothes that do not match.
That's my girl.
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
I'm so grateful for those mommas who take '1st day of school pics' before school on the actual first day of school. I get so many good ideas from them! I'll be honest with you; I take mine after school and usually just before bath time. I can barely get myself up, dressed, out the door, etc. on time for school. You can honestly forget adding photo time into that equation.
So, here we go.
First grade with Mrs. Bragg and he's in LOVE with it. His class is full of some of his very best buddies and some of the best kids I know. I cannot wait to watch him grow and learn in the next 180 days. I loved school and I love being a student. I feel like he will be my studious child and for that, I'm grateful.
This girl started kindergarten with Mrs. Watkins. She is thrilled with the aspect of social time every day. She wants to wear a dress and a matching hairbow every day too! She came home sweaty and so tired, but she loves every minute of it. Her learning will be different and more challenging for all of us. She tries hard and works every day at her homework with a gleeful attitude.
Daryk and I started our 11th year together as educators at the same school together this fall. I know some people think it is crazy to work alongside your spouse, but I do enjoy working with him. I like spending time with him and seeing his relationships with students. He has a different crop of students than I do, and I so appreciate their interactions.
Here's to a new year and some amazing kids, both at home and at school!
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
Friday, July 8, 2016
We visited the mouse this trip. Hayes and Libby ran right to him, Spencer wasn't sold on the idea. She eventually came around, as long as Daryk was holding her.
The night we went to see these lights was the day after my Dad had called me to let me know that my grandmother had passed away. I sobbed and sobbed while seeing them. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love Christmas and Christmas lights. I love them. I love the whole 2 months before Christmas. I started shopping for Christmas this month. It is July. I mean business. So to have an emotional attachement to something so amazing and then to have such an emotional day, it was pretty outstanding. I literally walked up that street and listened to those songs 3 or 4 times. I had tears streaming down my face and I just stopped to stare. I'm sure people probably thought I was nuts, but it was amazing.
Thursday, July 7, 2016
We are about one week away from our next trip to Disney World. I figure I should probably finish blogging about the last one before I forget...
Always a big hit.
See? Big hit!
They will look like giants compared to this trip. And Libby's braids are twice as long...
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Soooooooooooooo, we stayed at this sorta scary, sorta cool hotel. I'm a mom with serious hotel standards, but I let them SLIDE this one time. We did Disney for less than $500 for a family of 5 and it was possible due to our awesome hotel!
First off, a parade at Magic Kingdom. The kids loved every minute of it and I was thrilled we caught some of their favorite characters dancing!
We rode the monorail too. I love riding Disney transportation because it is so easy with the kids!
We have a nice plethora of strollers to choose from, just in case we run out or need options. These are two of my favorites and I really like having choices. Judge me.
This girl doesn't look pumped, but she was. Swear.
Chip and Dale!
My baby chunk and her Daddy. She went to Disney when she was about 6 months old and slept a lot. This trip she was awake and awesome! She had a BLAST!
Annnnnnnnnndddddddddddd, the Tea Cups. We love this ride and my kids are rockstars about it. We laugh the ENTIRE time. It is awesome. I cannot wait to take all 3 of them on it and have their Daddy watch. He can't ride. He pukes.
And the ultimate family competition ride. Can I please just beat Daryk ONCE with this!?
I did this trip! I did not cheat, no matter what he says. I actually just used my time wisely to make sure that I got enough points while the ride was stopped.
Prisoners of the evil Emperor Zurg.