So, here's my list for 2019. I want to focus more on taking care of myself and my health so that I can take care of my family and enjoy my life.
- Read a book to the kids, with the kids at least 3 times a week. Often, bedtime is so rushed and that time to connect needs to happen. I need it and they need it too!
- Exercise 4 times a week. I'm going to make this a top priority because it will help with my physical, mental, and social health. It makes me a better wife, mom, and teacher when I feel good. And we all know what Elle Woods said about exercise and endorphins...
- Plan trips, not gifts. I want to put a plan in motion to go DO THINGS with my people. I would like to cut back on the things and make a point to go to places with them. See another later goal that ties into this...
- Simplify things. Clean out closets, storage containers, and cabinets. Donate or sell items that can be useful and clean out garbage that is no longer useful.
- Read 2 books a month. One to help me and one for fun.
- Track macro nutrients every day to maximize health and weight loss. I plan to focus on my health this year and establish better habit with my diet and my fitness.
- Run 5 5 ks this year. Health y'all. It is so important and I plan to maximize mine this year.
- Well checks and doctor visits for my children need to be a priority. We rarely do those as recommended, because they are pretty healthy. We need to schedule them as they should be done and follow through. I will make that happen.
- Have a friend night once a month. With my new neighbors, with old friends, with women I love. I love having a community and I know that I need to make connections regularly.
- Join a small group at church and find a place to serve. I love my church and our church family. I have been out of the loop with service for a while, and I miss it. I would like to find a place for that again!
- I am going to prepare one new recipe weekly this year! I love the kitchen and I love being able to cook new things, so I feel like this will be fun!
- Host a family lunch once a month.
- Finish things. The book shelves, the hanging of the decorations, printing of the pictures, projects I begin...
I am straight copying a few goals from people I follow via social media, but they fit me perfectly! I cannot wait to journey through 2019 and improve myself as I go. Thanks for following along and being a blog friend!