I thought I'd provide an update on my 2013 life goals.
I'm still working on some of them.
1. Run one race a month. Half marathon, 5k, 10k, something. Every month.
Let's just assume this one isn't going to happen. It is July. I have run zero races... I have one scheduled in August, but um...
2. Pay off all the medical bills.
Welllllll, Daryk hurt his knee, again. We are in the hole again with that one, but that is the ONLY one right now!
3. Pay off Daryk's truck.... and buy a minivan.
Writing the last check for that truck in August. Saving for a mini van for 6 months and then going to buy one... or something of the like.
4. Learn to focus on the task at hand.
I am going to assume this is something God is teaching me daily. I am still working on it and trying to get better. I would venture to say that this goal has made taken my list making to a whole new level.
5. Grow a summer garden consisting of tomatoes and herbs.
No garden for me, yet. Thinking of growing some herbs this fall inside the house.
6. Create or craft something new every month. Doing very well with this one! I've been making headbands, baby carriers, shorts, and I'm tackling skirts this month!
7. Play soccer with grown ups.
I played in an adult women's league for FUN this spring. I LOVED the calorie burn, the friendship, AND the fact that I got to play soccer.
8. Read one book every month for fun.
I read 3 books for FUN at the beach in one week in July. 3/12 months... I better get another couple in the que.
9. Use my food dehydrator for fruit and such.
I tried this and concluded that it was more work than it was worth. Anybody want a dehydrator?
10. Blog at least four times a week. Yeah, no. I'm better about it though! Perhaps my more realistic goal would have been 2-3 times a week.
11. Print pictures of my kids every month to give or mail to my family. Oh my goodness. I need to work on this one.
12. Paint and decorate. this. house.
We painted the kitchen. I'm hoping to tackle the master bedroom and bath while Daryk is in Fargo.
13. Organize the bleeping garage.
Garage was done in May. It was a team effort with help from Daryk. Funny story about that day.... It was a Friday morning and while we were cleaning the garage. I bet 4 people stopped to ask if we were having a garage sale.... Nope. We just have a lot of crap.
And these are the others that are floating in my head....
clean out the closets and storage areas of my home worked in the kids closets some cleaned out the master closet some as well planning to work in the other areas this week
reward my fitness efforts with yoga pants, not for yoga, just lounging because I love those pants. bought lots of walmart fitness clothes love those!
potty train Libby James late summer she is ALMOST done almost
I shall update you all every month on how the list is coming along and what I get done, or not...
Obviously, some of these things will not get done until later in the year.