Sunday, August 28, 2011

Catching Up





Sweet girl was born on August 10, 2011 at 10:11 a.m. She weighed 8 lbs and 14 oz at birth. We went to the pediatrician on Tuesday August 16th and I was concerned about her weight. I was nursing her and was very worried that she wouldn't have gained back up to birth weight or that we would have to supplement with some formula because nursing wasn't going as well as I thought it should be...

Little did I know that I was raising Miss Piggy. She weight 8 lbs and 13 oz and some change at the doctor that morning! I told Dr Wynn that she was sleeping 4-5 hours at night and she said it was fine for us not to wake her up to feed her during the night. I am still diligent about waking her during the day to feed her, and trust me, she doesn't miss a meal! She is just precious and we are loving having her in our family. I didn't think I could love anything as much as I love my Hayes. I am so glad that God gives mother's a big heart because you have to make room for all those babies and the love that they bring.

I think my favorite thing about Hayes was his visit to the hospital. He came running into my room and just about jumped up on the hospital bed with me! It just melted my heart to see him so happy to see me. I hadn't seen him for almost 3 days at that time and he was so excited to see me that I just cried! He was quite fascinated with the hospital bed and the gadgets... and buttons.... and the dinner he ate. Hayes paid little to no attention to the bundle of baby his daddy was holding that day. He showed much more interest once that bundle arrived at his house on Saturday. He calls her 'baby' and is very curious about what she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment