Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Day in the Life...

My days are pretty routine once school is back in session.
I do not know how people who work faaaaar from home function.
I hate to drive in my car and I hate getting up early.
Those are the top two reasons why I work 3 miles from my home.
A.M.
6-6:45 a.m. fight with alarm and try not to get up.
6:30-7 Hayes usually yells from his room for us to 'open his dooowah.'
7:00 I get Hayes milk and a pop tart to eat while he plays.
7-7:20 I get ready for school, make up, hair, etc.
7:20-7:30 I get Libby up and dressed for the day.
7:30-7:45 I load the kids up, drive to the designated grandparent for the day.
7:45-8 I drive to school.  Sometimes I get Chick fil A or Martins.
I like biscuits, ok?
8-4:00 I teach, plan, grade, laugh, eat, giggle, and shake my head a lot.

P.M.
4-4:30 I drive to pick up the kids, sometimes get groceries and then head home.
Sometimes I have cheer practice.
Sometimes Daryk gets the kids and I go exercise.
Sometimes I go have Target Therapy.
Sometimes I take a nap or have club meetings after school.
4:30-6 I make/prepare dinner and we eat.  
We are old people and eat an early dinner.
Judge me.
6-7:30 I clean up dinner, play with children, referee boxing matches, chase children, etc.
7:30-8 We run a bath for the kids and Daryk bathes them. 
I pick out their clothes for the next day and load bags for transit.
I put my clothes out, their clothes out, and pack my lunch.
I load every single thing I possibly can into the car and get my coffee ready for the next day.
8-8:30 I bathe (most nights) and get myself ready for bed.
8:30-9 I go to bed and usually fall asleep by 9:30-10 p.m.

My 'days' vary from season to season depending on the sport season.
We have all sorts of things we do after school as sponsors and coaches, so nothing is the same!


No comments:

Post a Comment