- I am going to grow plants this summer. I'd like to grow a lot, but I'll settle for a few. Tomatoes, beets, cucumbers, carrots, squash, and zucchini, to start with. I'm researching methods via Pinterest right now and will start seedlings as directed once the time is right. I suppose I'll need to do this on the back porch or in the garage for the meantime. I plan to use the small area by the garage to grow my veggies in large planters or raised beds. Who wants to build me those?
Clearly we won't be working on this until March-ish. I have started buying some bulbs I need to bury ASAP so they will bloom in Spring. Had I known we would be frozen for 3 days, I would have done it last week.
- Run races. As in, plural. I have run my pregnancy races and I have one more to go. I'd really like to be able to run a few more races after the baby comes. I know I'll need time to heal since I will be having a child via surgery in April... I'm hoping I can schedule some races in June/July.
I desperately want to run/walk another race before Spencer Brynne makes her arrival, but the countdown is on and the number of weekends decreases quickly. Plus, I can't do all of the races with the kids, etc... I'm still looking for the RIGHT one before she gets here. After she arrives, I'll start racing again in June and register for one every other month after that.
- Buy the dang minivan. This is a lingering 2013 goal... I wonder if I knew that my husband was going to let me have another baby AND we were going to and that's why I made that goal in 2013? Either way, I cannot wait to be the proud owner of a minivan. I see this happening in March.
Yeah, hasn't happened yet. I know I have about 10 weeks until baby gets here, so obviously that is a major priority. After this past week's snow/ice drama I want something with 4WD. We might reconsider that whole minivan thing and buy a tank.
- Build my business. I suppose this means I need to work on the business. I have several of them I could work on, but none that I really focus on. I love Advocare products. I use them regularly. I also love Mary Kay products, they are lovely. I have a great love for my sewing machine and should use it more often. I would like to be able to grow one or all of those into something successful that generates income so that I could stay home with my babies one day. Yep, another goal for another year, but I'll work on it in 2014.
Thankfully, I have been working on the hairbows! I have had several larger orders and I even made myself a Facebook page for Knot Just Hairbows! I'm going to market myself to local high school sports teams this spring and keep working towards that. One thing at a time...
- Paint and decorate the kid's rooms. We have to move Libby to the bigger room and put Hayes in the smaller room since we will be housing two girls. This project was on my agenda for Christmas break, but it is not likely to happen this week. I have to buy Libby bunk beds and then we can make the move. Hoping for February?
This month. Paint colors picked out. Princess and Superhero murals are in the works. Bunk beds to come in March. Rooms will be painted in 3 weeks. I am very excited about that.
- Plant flowers in the yard this spring and summer. I love seeing my neighbors lovely yards and I'd like to have my own this year.
Bulbs bought. Planters in the works. Totally acceptable to spray paint the cheap plastic ones? Yes....
- Develop a budget/plan to save for future Disney trips and eventually yearly passes. I love going to see The Mouse. I love that my kids want to go there often as well. I want nothing more than to take them there all the time. As a matter of fact, we could just move there and I'd be thrilled. I'm working on this part.
I have booked us a trip to WDW in September of 2014. Speaking of, I need to make a payment on that soon. I also have been working on a savings plan for our 2015 trip.
- I would love to be able to use my blog as a venue to make some extra income for my family as well. I am going to investigate that and look for income via my blog while on maternity leave.
I haven't looked into this, but I have been diligently increasing my traffic to the blog and plan to continue that through Facebook and Pinterest. Hopefully I can be blog famous one day (or at least make mom-ney, so I can stay home)...
- Purge. Clean out the closets, rooms, drawers, cabinets, and garage and rid this house of unnecessary objects, clutter, junk, and excess. We need to learn to live with less and be happy with that.
In the great snow storm I managed to clean out 2 closets and organize the kids clothes for the upcoming season. I need to take 'baby girl clothes' inventory and make a list of what I need for Spencer Brynne's arrival. I also plan to tackle the garage shelves that I'm responsible for this week. One room at a time, right?
- Wake up earlier during the week and make time for myself. Enjoy coffee, or a book, or the quiet. I could make breakfast for myself or the littles, or just put on my makeup like a normal person.
Yeah, just no. Just not happening. I think I might be a failure at this goal. Oops.
I am going to spend some time working on these and I will likely add to them as I go.