Friday, December 7, 2012

Free Stuff Friday

Let me just preface this post by letting you know that I love coupons.
I love clipping them, but only when I plan to USE them.
I love the fact that I can save money, get stuff I need & use, and save money.
Wait, I already said that?
Crap.
Well, still... I love to save money.
I love being able to get food and misc other things that we need at a discount.
Here's my story of savings today... 



Scored these today at Publix. 
They are $6.99 each.
I have to shave.
I am a hairy beast.
Though I will not complain, because I will likely never be a bald adult lady.... praise Jesus.
I was actually at the end of the good part of the current razor I have.
I was waiting for a sale with coupons.
JACKPOT!
I had a Publix coupon from their sales flyers for $3 off 2 packs of razors.
I love I heart Publix for coupon deals at Publix.
I also found 2 manufacturer's coupons for $2 off 1 pack and $1 off 1 pack.
So, basically I got a free pack of razors today. 
4 razors for $.99.... deal.
And my husband will appreciate that I shave my armpits and legs!



I also planned a trip to Target.
I used Totally Target to coordinate my store and manufacturers coupons.
I also use that site to see what deals are offered with gift cards when you purchase goods!
So, the diapers are $34.99. 
I had a Target coupon for $2 off and Pampers coupon for $2 off.
Plus there was a $25 coupon booklet inside the box of diapers!
AND, Target was giving you a $5 gift card with each diaper purchase.
Score.
I knew Dunkin Donuts coffee was on sale, so I used $.75 off coupons for those too.
Got those for $6 each.  Expensive, yes.  But SO good.
Starbucks coffee was $7.99 each. 
I had 2 Starbucks coupons for $3 off 2 packs.
AND Target was giving you a $5 gift card with a purchase of 2 packs.
So.... I got 4 packs of Starbucks coffee for $26. 
AND I got 2 $5 gift cards. 
Hello, Christmas gifts for my cousins!
M&Ms... they were $2.79 a bag.
I had 2 coupons for a total of $2.50 off. 
Basically, free chocolate.  This is a no brainer.
Dark Knight Rises is a gift for the hubs for Christmas.  FREE with all my gift cards and coupons...
Oxi Clean wasn't on sale, but I had a Target coupon and an Oxi Clean coupon.
So I got 2 stain removers for $1.99.  Basically, 1.5 for FREE.
We needed the Target brand Pedialyte.
And the Huggies wipes.... on sale for $8.99.
I had a Target coupon and a Huggies coupon. 
I got wipes for $6.99.
Yippee!
OH! 
Target also had a coupon on their website and you got a $10 gift card if you spent $50.
Shoot, I got that done!

I saved a total of $47.15 with the various Target sales & coupons.
I got $25 in gift cards to use on another purchase later.
I spent $107.89.
Between my savings and the gift cards I got back I spent a total of $35.74.
That's just a smidge more than the diapers cost at the beginning of the whole trip.
So thank you Target & Totally Target for the massive savings today.

No comments:

Post a Comment