Monday, December 31, 2012

My goals for 2013

I finally nailed some goals down for sure last night.

I started with this idea that I found via pinterest.  
I mean, it's pretty basic and should be easy right?


Then I thought about all the things I wanted to do,  as I have a list of about 250 things I'd LIKE to do...
And this made me think of my sister Leigh Anne and her swift ability to decide, well, nothing... ever....

via pinterest as well

I am hoping that my resolutions will stick a little bit better than this picture indicates.
Bleh for getting older and not following through with commitments.
Found this gem via pinterest as well, alarming and so sad!
I vow not to be the old people who accomplish nothing this year!

So, its 2013.
I vow to complete at LEAST 13 tasks.


1.  Run one race a month.  Half marathon, 5k, 10k, something.  Every month.
I'm going to need a small loan to finance all those races.

2.  Pay off all the medical bills.
Between the summer of ear infections and Daryk's gall bladder... we have a handful.
Thankfully, we also have jobs to pay for them.
And auto pay through our bank which is all set up and should be done paying in August.

3.  Pay off Daryk's truck.... and buy a minivan.
There, I said it.
We're buying a minivan.
Daniel says I should make Daryk drive it.
I think he would do it with pride.
And he would rock it.

4.  Learn to focus on the task at hand.
Stop spending time trying to accomplish 14 things at once, do one thing.
Finish that task and move to the next one.
This will be the biggest struggle for me.

5.  Grow a summer garden consisting of tomatoes and herbs.
I love tomatoes in the summer.
And I'd LOVE to be able to cook with fresh herbs all summer.

6.  Create or craft something new every month.
Doesn't have to be a HUGE craft or creation, but something,  nonetheless.

7.  Play soccer with grown ups.
And have fun.
This should start around spring-ish.

8.  Read one book every month for fun.
Grand total of 12 books.
If I read MORE than that, I'll make myself cupcakes.

9.  Use my food dehydrator for fruit and such.
New adventures for healthy snacks for me and the kiddos.

10.  Blog at least four times a week.

11.  Print pictures of my kids every month to give or mail to my family.

12.  Paint and decorate.  this.  house.  
Starting with the kitchen.  
Like, yesterday.

13.  Organize the bleeping garage.
Will be the death of me and a never ending task, but alas, it must be done.

And these are the others that are floating in my head....

clean out the closets and storage areas of my home

reward my fitness efforts with yoga pants, not for yoga, just lounging because I love those pants.

potty train Libby James late summer

I shall update you all every month on how the list is coming along and what I get done, or not...
Obviously, some of these things will not get done until later in the year.
They are my goals.
My tasks to complete.






No comments:

Post a Comment