Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Santa procrastination 2013

We typically go see Santa at Lenox Mall and ride The Pink Pig between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  For some reason this year we just let time slip away and got busy, oh yeah... and we got sick!  We love going to the mall to see Santa and the Santa we see is awesome.  I'll post those pics another day.  We try to make a point to go on a Sunday afternoon as well.  Early church service, lunch, straight to the mall for Santa and The Pig.  We didn't make it on Sunday this year.  Oops.

The only days we had to choose from this year was December 23 and 24.  The day before Christmas Eve and Christmas Eve.  Which day would you choose?!  I figured it was going to be chaos no matter the day, so we just showed up the Monday before Christmas and hoped for the best.  The Santa line was about 1 hour and 20 mins ish long.  Not too shabby considering we weren't the only last minute folks in line....

Usually we reserve their 'phones' for extreme measures, today was that day.  The phones were our lifesavers!  Did I mention that all this time Libby has been potty training (at this point it was for 3 days) and she didn't have ANY accidents at all while we were out in public?  Granted, I'm pretty neurotic for that part of parenting and set a timer to make sure that she goes every 45 minutes or so.... Not to mention that I had to take a pregnancy potty break every 45 mins or so as well.  Baby bladder dancing...

Clearly she was stressed about it too...
They were troopers and stood in line, had snacks, and ultimately saw Santa.  Libby was not impressed and Hayes had a GREAT time!  Again, I'll post those pics soon!  We made friends with those in line around us and took turns taking potty breaks, pushing strollers, and the like.  I was in awe of those years that my mother took us, all 3 of us, by herself to see Santa.  Kudos mom.  You are my hero, once again.  I would never, ever, in a million years attempt this by myself...

Ever.
And then all was right in the world because they put Santa right beside the Great American Cookie Co.

Brilliant planning Lenox Mall.  Brilliant planning.


No comments:

Post a Comment