Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Compliments and the mall...


Talk about the last compliment you received.

Yesterday we were out of school.  Many of the schools in our county are used for polling places, as a matter of fact, the place I voted yesterday was an elementary school.  I can't imagine trying to conduct normal school business with that crowd.  We waited in line for almost 1.5 hours to vote, but we 'boted' as my two year old said.  And he proudly wore the sticker, until he stuck it on the wall in the living room at our home. 
Awesome.


We had grand plans to go to the zoo, but the weather killed that dream. Just as well since both kids were sickly and snotty. The cold weather and the rain didn't help that any either. So, no zoo. What's the trusty back up plan!? Chick fil A or the mall food court play place.
Chaos. That's the back up plan. Pure chaos. Everyone uses that as their back up plan. So we were there, with everyone.
We live where we teach. I've lived here for the past 23 years of my life, and my parents and grandparents both live here as well. And when we are out in public we get stopped often by current and former students, friends, and often family. Yesterday was no different.

I see them before Daryk does and they start to make their way across the mall towards us. A former wrestler and his new wife, who happens to be a former art student. Her first comment to me was, "You look amazing!"

Yeah, best compliment I had received in days, weeks even. She certainly caught me off guard as I was chugging my sweet tea. I got a little teary eyed and told her thank you.







No comments:

Post a Comment