Monday, November 26, 2012

My baby is all gone

He is.  
He's all gone.  
Occasionally I catch a glimpse of him in a picture I snap.  
Like this one.  
See those chubby fingers and that fat little boy hand?
Those are things that are left from my baby boy.
But there isn't much left these days.
After all, he's almost three.




**gulp**
Three.  
Golly gee.
Is this real?
How is this possible?
When did my baby get to be almost three?
My sweet boy that arrived 22 days earlier than I had him scheduled into my busy life...
The little guy who was determined to get here before I was ready...
The one who was a 'premie' weighing in at 7 lbs. and 12 oz... that one?

He's halfway to high school these days.
Telling me what to do and where to go and what he wants to eat.
He even orders his own food at the restaurants lately.
Granted he's usually yelling at the drive thru mic or the lady at Chick fil A, but still.
He's all sorts of independent these days.

He goes potty without being told.
And he doesn't need my help to eat anything anymore.
He can color and talk and tell you all about his day at school.
He is well on his way to prom king with the list of friends he's acquired.

I think the worst part of being a mommy to an almost three year old is letting him get a hair cut.
Those haircuts just remind me that the baby is slowly fading away.
Every trim is just a reminder that he's not a little one anymore.
Mind you, he'll always be MY little one, but he's not so little lately.
I'm a little bit sad to watch my baby go.


No comments:

Post a Comment