Monday, November 5, 2012

Election Day Thoughts

What are my thoughts on election day tomorrow?

Hmmmm....

That's tough.

It makes me nervous, anxious, excited, stressed, irritated, and just exhausted.  Mostly, it makes me trust in God that the outcome is what He has planned for our country.  I have been praying for my future president for about 4 years now. 

Truthfully, I'm tired of this election.  Just like I'm tired of every election.  The candidates and their overwhelming negativity wear me out.  I'd really like to see a Polly Positive out there running for office.  I'm sure that will never EVER happen, but I'd like it.  I did talk to one of the cheer job co-workers this weekend and she's planning to run for office one day.  I'd vote for her in a heartbeat.  She's awesome. 

I'm not a huge fan of election times.  Don't get me wrong, I love being able to vote.  Planning to vote.  And yes, I'm a Republican.  I'm going to vote that way.  I love voting.  I've voted in the last 3 elections and I'm proud of it.  I just don't like the feeling of the election being crammed down my throat on the radio, and on the tv, and in my mailbox.  I've got more postcards of politicians in my recycle container this year than I EVER thought possible.

The election makes me a little bit afraid.  People who threaten violence and other irresponsible things if the election doesn't go their way are a bit ridiculous.  The whole point of an election is voting and then accepting the outcome.  It matters that we all made a choice, not that 'our guy' (or gal) wins.  Certainly we can be disappointed, but there is no sense in being disrespectful and childish.  My two year hits and screams when he doesn't get his way, but he hasn't learned any better yet. 

Adults have. 

Be responsible.
Vote.
Keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment