Thursday, November 1, 2012

Walt Disney--Genius

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life,
but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
~Walt Disney~

I have always loved Disney.
When I was a little girl, before I had learned the art of cursive writing, I was quite convinced that the 'D' in the opening credits of all the movies was really a 'G'.  It took some convincing, but around age 8 I realized it was indeed not the letter I had originally thought. 
Disney was a constant source of entertainment for me as a child.
Movies, characters, trips to Disney World, and wonder about such a fantastic place....
I can honestly say that at one point in time I wanted to sing for a Disney movie.
I had dreams of being the voice of The Little Mermaid or even Nala from The Lion King.
And I'm pretty sure every little girl has some crazy dreams about a prince.
Right?!

It just seems fitting that the genius behind it all would be the keeper of my favorite quote.
I am the eternal optimist.
I live looking at everything as though the glass is half full.
Nothing is ever impossible or awful.
Life crisis is always approached with grace and a smile.
I try to instill that in my children daily.
Every day is an adventure, something new we can embrace.
Every sunrise is a blessing and something we can thank God for.
Every day provides me with something new to be thankful for.
I am always looking at the optimistic side of life.

One evening Daryk and I were watching some awful tv show during shark week.
It was highlighting all the shark attacks in the US in the last 10 years.
There was a storyline about a man and wife and how he was attacked by a shark.
He lost one of his limbs, although I cannot remember which one!
Daryk looked over at me and said,
"What would you do if you walked up to me laying on the beach and I'd lost my arm?"
He quickly answered himself, before I could even think and said,
"You'd probably say something like, 'Don't worry honey!  They can get you a new arm at the hospital.'"
True story.




All I could do was laugh, because he's probably right.



No comments:

Post a Comment